Western Zimbabwe Regional Programme
Paignton Zoo and the WWCT have been supporting the Dambari Wildlife Trust (DWT), based near Bulawayo, Zimbabwe since 1997.
The mission of the Dambari Wildlife Trust is to ensure the conservation and sustainable use of Zimbabwe’s rich natural heritage for present and future generations.
In its first 14 years DWT carried out management activities, research and education and awareness projects for three core animal groups: rhinos, large carnivores and small antelope. Since 2011 DWT has adopted a new programme called Conservation Across Boundaries to carry out holistic conservation work across the whole landscape of the Matobo Hills. In all projects DWT strives to build capacity for conservation within the country by involving local students to gain hands on experience as part of their studies.
In addition to providing core funding for DWT salaries and infrastructure WWCT staff provide scientific support and funding and management assistance. WWCT Executive Director Simon Tonge is also the Chairman of the DWT.
Downloads & Documents
- DWT MBMP 1st Term 2015 Newsletter.pdf
- DWT MBMP 3rd Term 2015 Newsletter.pdf
- DWT MBMP 3rd Term 2016 Newsletter.pdf
- MBMP 2nd Term 2015 Newsletter.pdf
- MBMP 3rd Term Newsletter.pdf
- MBMP news letter 2nd term 2014.pdf
- MBMP newsletter 5_email.pdf
- Newsletter 2013 Dambari Wildlife Trust.pdf
- Newsletter Dec2012.pdf
- Newsletter June 2012 - Dambari Wildlife Trust.pdf
- Research projects update 2011.pdf